MAER renews its range with the SB5 SERIES
The TC-10-8-8 range of machinery, MAER’s flagship product range, has been treated to a complete restyling following an exhaustive design process.
The new range, now renamed the SB5 SERIES, is especially useful for the production of plastic bottles made by blown extrusion for use with foodstuffs (e.g. milk and dairy products), whether in the blowing phase or integrated into the packaging line itself before the bottling machine
The principal change made has been the minimisation of the structure or main chassis of the device, with a cubic or cabin-type shape, which gives it a much more aesthetic design.
Apart from the aesthetic factor, this restyling of the structure in cabin form also has the following advantages:
– It significantly reduces the size or “footprint” of the machine in comparison with the previous TC-10-8-8, an important feature in the present-day industrial scenario where smaller size and compactness is very important.
– Greater accessibility from either side of the machine to the interior of the cabin where the moving parts are situated, along with a greater degree of control and visual inspection of the bottles throughout their route, thanks to the new fully-open design of the cabin.
– Improved ergonomics when changing formats, making adjustments or replacing the cutting blade.
– Improvement of the bottle conveyor with a “flat-end” finish or design, reducing the risk of bottles falling through a possible gap or space in the bottle transfer zone from or to the conveyors of other devices in the line.
– Lighter format-change parts.
The new generation of SB5 trimmers is launched in 2013 with the sale and supply of SB520 units (20,000 bph) to the leading plastic blow moulder of INDONESIA.
The range is completed by the SB510 and SB525 models, with a speed range from 12,000 bph to 25,000 bph.